The power of PROPHETIC ACTS
Prophetic actions are prolific in the Bible. Some Old Testament prophets are renowned for their strange prophetic acts.
Isaiah went naked (Is 20), Hosea married a prostitute (Hosea 1:2), Ezekiel lay on one side for 390 days (Ezekiel 4:5).
– Intercession (1 Kings 18:42-44) in order for it to rain a guy had to go to place and come back 7 different times
– Healing (2 Kings 5:9-14) Naaman had to go jump in a river 7 different times
– Warfare (Exodus 17:10-13) as long as the arms of moses were up ….
– Warning (Ezekiel 4-5)
The Siege of Jerusalem Portrayed
– Foretelling (Acts 21:10-12) AGABUS WARNS PAUL BY PRETENDING HE IS BOUND UP
– Calling to ministry (1 Kings 19:19) ELIJAH THREW HIS CAPE UPON ELISHA
Jesus used symbolic action when He put clay on a blind man’s eyes and told him to wash in the pool of Siloam (John 9:6-7). He also taught His disciples the practice of anointing with oil for healing (Mark 6:13), symbolic of the ministry of the Holy SpiriT
A prophetic act can hold spiritual power for fulfilment or breakthrough when the Holy Spirit directs it. (2 Kings 13: 14-20).
MOVING BAPTISM FROM SALVATION
TO THE POWER OF A PROPHETIC ACT
John came baptizing in the wilderness and preaching a baptism of repentance for the remission of sins. 5 Then all the land of Judea, and those from Jerusalem, went out to him and were all baptized by him in the Jordan River, confessing their sins.
6 Now John was clothed with camel’s hair and with a leather belt around his waist, and he ate locusts and wild honey.
7 And he preached, saying, “There comes One after me who is mightier than I, whose sandal strap I am not worthy to stoop down and loose.
8 I indeed baptized you with water, but He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.”
9 It came to pass in those days that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized by John in the Jordan.
10 And immediately, coming up from the water, He saw the heavens parting and the Spirit descending upon Him like a dove. 11 Then a voice came from heaven, “You are My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”
When Jesus got baptized He was moving from the background to the forefront. He was stepping out of obscurity and into the spotlight.
When you get Baptized you are making a public announcement that Jesus Christ has moved from the background to the forefront of your life and you are stepping into your new Destiny In Christ.
You are Sanctified (or separated) from your past & Consecrated unto your true purpose. ( God’s will for your life )
You make a public announcement ( an illustrated sermon ) of Going into the promises of God & burying your past
The word baptize comes from the Greek word BAPTIZMO that means to Submerge, or cover up. Baptism is a picturing of being buried or submerged in Jesus Baptism is the natural next step to being slain by Christ ( Getting saved I:E not living by your blood but living by his blood )
- The Jordan river ( the place of Baptism ) flows into the “Dead Sea”. So when you get baptized, all of that filthy junk that went in with you flows into the sea of forgetfulness and then you come out of it
- When Jesus came up out of the water, “THE HEAVENS WERE OPENED” unto him. IMMEDIATELY ( Matthew 3:16 ) when you get baptized you have legal right to claim that all the mess that has separated you from God is gone and no longer will you be separate from God in any way shape or form. You can expect new gifts and a fresh anointing from the lord
- JESUS HEARD THE VOICE OF THE FATHER DECLARE IDENTITY
IDENTITY, PURPOSE AND DESTINY
- Luke chapter 12:50 says
“But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished!”
Baptism is initiated in the ceremony but it does not stop that day. What was started at the Jordan was accomplished at the cross. You don’t stop being married after your wedding ceremony. New things get set into motion at Baptism.
- 1 Corinthians 10:1 says Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; 2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
If you want to understand what baptism is all about just look at what happened to the children of Israel when they changed from being slaves to being heirs of the promises of God. The blood was applied while they were still yet Egypt as slaves and when they left that mess, Pharaoh and all of their past came chasing after them claiming ownership. Israel went down into the water (The red sea) and come out unto the Promised land while all of the enemies from their past remained in the water. That’s what Baptism is all about.
God loves to wipe out enemies upon your behalf.
God loves to get rid of bondage
God loves to take you out of terrible place and bring you into better places.